Sponsorship and Funding Community Groups
The Western Sydney MRC Community Funding Policy outlines how the Western Sydney MRC provides funding to community organisations whose work enriches the municipality and aligns with the aims of the Western Sydney MRC.
We recognise that the community plays a critical role in empowering individuals to take action and have an active role in shaping their future, creating positive change and assists in striving for social inclusion for all individuals.
In providing funding to community organisations, we aims to achieve the following objectives:
- provide a mechanism that allows Western Sydney MRC to work with community to support shared outcomes
- provide the opportunity for community to identify and respond to local issues, concerns and priorities that link with Western Sydney MRC priorities
- build community capacity and empower the community to take an active role in improving their quality of life
- foster community involvement and participation.
To be eligible for funding within the Community Funding Policy, organisations must meet the following criteria:
Organisations must be:
- a community based group / organisation
- a not-for-profit constituted body such as an incorporated association, or
- sponsored or auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation, or
- a school or education provider
- located within, or offer a project within, the Western Sydney as identified here:
- fully acquitted previous completed applications and have no outstanding debts or reports to Western Sydney MRC.
A single project, event, activity or program will only be considered for one Western Sydney MRC Funding / Sponsorship application. Applications must have a focus on local and / or vulnerable communities.
Sponsorship and Funding Packages