Western Sydney Migrant Resource Centre (WSMRC) is seeking to employ an Employment Consultant.
Western Sydney MRC is a community based non-for- profit organisation established to support newly-arrived migrants, refugees and diverse communities to reach their full potential.
The Employment Consultant will deliver services under the Parents Next program. The Employment Consultant will support parents who have made the decision to return to the work or study. The Employment Consultant will assist Parents to develop employment plans and address barriers to employment.
This role will be at equivalent SCHADS level 3, with salary sacrifice options available.
The position is full-time equivalent, however can be flexible for the right candidate. WSMRC is also looking for an eligibility list for similar future roles.
The position is until July 2019 with a possibility of extension.
Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 3rd June 2018.
For further information or questions please contact Anna-Marie on (02) 8778 1221 or email@example.com
- Qualification in related field such as Cert IV in Employment services, Case Management or Community Services
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in working with clients to achieve employment outcomes and/or address barriers to employment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients from diverse language, religious, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of issues impacting parents wishing to return to work
- Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer skills alongside skill and experience in utilising electronic databases.
- Compliance Checklist:
- Have or able to obtain a current first aid certificate
- Able to provide a clear Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (to be supplied before starting)
- Bi-cultural and bi-lingual background
- Experience with Office365
Lodging Your Application
When lodging your application, make sure you submit the following information:
- Letter of application addressing the selection criteria, essential and desirable.
- Resume outlining your qualification and experience
- Name, position and phone number of at least 2 professional referees
Applications via email or post are accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application gets to the centre on time. We will not take any responsibilities for technical difficulties or lost applications.
Please make sure that the application is received by the WSMRC by the due date. Late applications may not be accepted.
Any questions about your application should be directed to the convener of the panel or the person identified in the application.
All applications are to be addressed to the Settlement Support Manager and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Western Sydney MRC, staff is employed under an Equal Employment Opportunity policy. All applicants are assessed under the same criteria and via the same process.
An employment subcommittee will convene and follow the following process:
- Cull the applications according to the identified selection criteria. Applicants will not be interviewed if they do not meet the essential criteria.Depending on the number and quality of applicants, the desirable criteria may be considered. In cases of an extremely large number of applicants meeting the desirable and essential criteria, the panel will select the applicant who meet the criteria best.
- Applicant selected will be interviewed. All selected applicants will be asked
the same questions.
- Depending on the position, each candidate may be asked to participate in a short test assessing specific criteria (for example–a typing test, writing skills or computer skills).
- Referees of the best applicant/s will be contacted
- Employment panel will identify successful candidate and conditions of offer of employment (i.e. wages, probation period)
- Convener of the panel will make an offer of employment to the successful candidate, initially by phone and subsequently in writing
- Unsuccessful candidates will be informed in writing.
[su_button url=”https://wsmrc.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/PD-Employment-Consultant-.pdf” style=”flat” background=”#630fcf” color=”#ffffff” size=”5″]Download Employment Consultant overview[/su_button]