Support for Communities
At Western Sydney MRC we assist our community groups and organisations by providing a ‘point of contact’ to implement and run various projects according to community needs, including but not limited to:
- Assistance with funding / grants applications
- Advocacy and lobbying of local and state government agencies to highlight community issues
- Coordination of community inclusion programs, for example, Arabic Speaking Men’s Group, Arabic Speaking Seniors Support Group
- Ethnic Leadership Training
- Maintaining community partnerships and identifying opportunities for new ones
Western Sydney MRC celebrates cultural diversity and civic participation at a number of community driven events including:
- Refugee Week
- Seniors Week
- Harmony Day
- African Cultural Nite
- White Ribbon Day
To address the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse members of our community, the Western Sydney MRC has continued to develop partnerships with a range of service providers. Together our commitment to the various communities allows us to provide a broad range of offerings, education and programs.
We have partnered with many organisations including Liverpool City Council, Anglicare, The Salvation Army, Mission Australia, Legal Aid, Partners in Recovery, SSI, STARTTS, Refugee Health and Illawarra Multicultural Services to name a few.
We rely heavily on volunteers to run many of our amazing programs. If you or your community group are interested in volunteering please contact us as per the instructions below.
To find out more about our community programs contact / email our Community Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8778 1200.