Who can Sign up?
- Aged between 17-25?
- From a refugee background or
- Newly arrived in Australia or
- Your parents from a refugee background?
- Keen to make new friends, feel more settled in Australia?
- Want to connect with your community, or be supported in your education/employment journey?
- Would like to spend a few hours every month with a mentor?
- Ready to engage with an awesome new program for 12-18 months?
Did you know you can apply in all sorts of ways?
- Your name, address, gender and date of birth.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Where were you born, and where were your parents born?
- What languages do you speak?
- Are you studying? Working? What and where?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Why would you like to have a mentor?
If you need help filling in the full form please submit an Expression of Interest above. Otherwise, fill in the full application below.
About the Program
The Refugee youth Peer Mentoring Program is for young people, designed by young people. It aims to support young people from a refugee background or refugee-like background to achieve their goals. This includes goals towards increased social, economic and civic participation and personal wellbeing.
This program is delivered through one-on-one mentoring, group activities and team approaches, face-to-face as well as online. We also welcome referrals for young people aged between 15-16 who may be considered to be risk of disengaging from education. Mentees will receive ongoing support from their mentor, and from us, and have the opportunity to choose what kind of mentor works for them.