- Passionate about helping refugees, migrants and our multicultural community thrive and achieve social cohesion?
- A wizard at organising the busiest CEO (even the international man of mystery) as well as supporting a diversely active executive team?
- Works with utmost integrity, honesty, flexibility and excellence?
- Tech savvy and have an interest in social media content?
We are looking to offer an opportunity to be part of an organisation that are industry leaders and seeks to make an impact on a local, state and Federal level to support communities in Western Sydney with migrant, refugee and Asylum seeker communities. If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then Western Sydney MRC (#WSMRC) is keen to meet you and would like to invite you to apply for the role of Personal Assistant to the CEO. Having worked in the settlement and multicultural space for the last 14 years, our CEO is well respected in the industry, government, NGO’s, international humanitarian stakeholders as well as community and interfaith leaders.
Ideally the type of person that will suit the role is someone who is passionate about helping communities and individuals to reach their full potential, by supporting the senior management and operations of the organisation and to support the profile of the CEO. Working with the senior team, the position will support the essential functions within the organisation. WSMRC has a range of flexible and supportive work conditions, a chance to develop new skills and be part of supportive and energetic team.
Fixed Term Contract till June 2018, with possibility of extension subject to review.
Between $50,800 – $58,000 pa, depending on skills and experience, with Salary Sacrifice option is available, which can effectively increase effective income by up to $7,000 pa (please note individual personal circumstances may affect this availability).
The position is at 35 hours per week, but we are flexible for the right applicant. Applicants that desire flexible work options are encouraged to apply making their preferences known.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
How to apply
Emailed resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted applications must be marked “confidential” and sent to: karameli Manousso, Western Sydney MRC, PO Box 435, Liverpool NSW 1871
Any questions about your application should be directed to Karameli Manousso.
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Proactively prioritise work
- Manage a diary
- Demonstrated ability to work with an executive team and in a team environment
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prepare correspondence
- Write minutes
- Understanding and ability to utilise social media
- Demonstrated ability in using Office 365
- Able to work to policy, ensuring confidentiality, discernment and escalation when required.
- Have a NSW driver’s license and access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle (reimbursement is offered for work use travel)
- Ability to be flexible to work outside of normal hours
- Flexibility is offered in hours of work, but the applicant should be available to work 5 days per week, this is subject to negotiation (please indicate availability)
- Have a suitable Police Clearance and Working with Children’s Check
- Demonstrated alignment to WSMRC Mission and Values
- Able to provide a clear Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (to be supplied before starting)
- Bi-cultural and/or bi-lingual background
- Possess industry knowledge and insight into current sector trends, particularly issues affecting CALD people
- Driver’s licence and access to comprehensively insured personal vehicle