How can you apply?
We have three ways to submit your application:
- Visit the job role page and use the online form to submit your application cover and resume
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail you application to PO Box 435, Liverpool, NSW 2170
All applications are to be addressed to the CEO.
At the Western Sydney MRC, staff is employed under an Equal Employment Opportunity policy. All applicants are assessed under the same criteria and via the same process.
An employment subcommittee will convene and follow the following process:
- Cull the applications according to the identified selection criteria. Applicants will not be interviewed if they do not meet the essential criteria.
- Depending on the number and quality of applicants, the desirable criteria may be considered. In cases of an extremely large number of applicants meeting the desirable and essential criteria, the panel will select the applicant who meet the criteria best.
- Applicant selected will be interviewed. All selected applicants will be asked the same questions.
- Depending on the position, each candidate may be asked to participate in a short test assessing specific criteria (for example–a typing test, writing skills or computer skills).
- Referees of the best applicant/s will be contacted.
- Employment panel will identify successful candidate and conditions of offer of employment (i.e. wages, probation period).
- Convener of the panel will make an offer of employment to the successful candidate, initially by phone and subsequently in writing.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be informed in writing.
Lodging an Application
When lodging your application, make sure you submit the following information:
- Letter of application addressing the selection criteria, essential and desirable.
- Resume outlining your qualification and experience
- Name, position and phone number of at least 2 professional referees
Applications via email or post are accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application gets to us on time. We will not take any responsibilities for technical difficulties or lost applications.
Please make sure that the application is received by the Western Sydney MRC by the due date.
Late applications may not be accepted.
Any questions about your application should be directed to the convener of the panel or the person identified in the application.